Adopting a Dog or Cat
Every animal we take in is special to us. Each one deserves a loving home. It is our duty to find the perfect home for each of our rescued dogs and cats. It is also important for the new family to be happy with the pet they have selected. Here are the steps we follow for adoption.
1. You can find a listing of the pets we have for adoption on our website and at adoption events. If you see one that you are interested in you must contact us with the name of the pet.
2. You must fill out an adoption application. It is important that you take your time and answer the questions as honestly as possible. This will help us determine whether the pet you have selected will be a good match for you. If not, we will continue to help you find a pet that is right for you. We want you to be happy with your new addition.
3. If you are interested in a particular pet and we feel it is a good match for you we will arrange for you to meet. If all goes well the pet will be delivered to your home at which time we will do a home check. We will have you fill out a Foster Care Agreement which will allow you to Foster the dog/cat for a set amount of weeks. We will keep in touch and be there to answer your questions.
4. When the foster period is up you will decide if this is the pet you want to adopt. If we are all in agreement that this is the right home for the pet we will have you sign an adoption agreement. At this time we do ask for a donation to cover some of the medical fee that we have provided for your new pet. We will continue to help with the adjustment period and be there for you. If at any time you can no longer keep your adopted pet you MUST contact us.
5. Your new pet will be spayed/neutered if age appropriate. If the pet is too young to be spayed/neutered we will make arrangements accordingly. Your new pet will have a vet check, be tested for heartworm, be up to date on vaccinations and will be micro chipped.
6. After adoption we hope you will become part of the Loving Touch family. We look forward to hearing stories, sharing pictures and being there for you and your adopted pet.
Love is all they need!
In Loving Memory of